Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Eid Experience


First of all I wish 2 greet ‘Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri’ to Miss Eliza and all my fellow friends in PPOU program =). We have been given an opportunity to adjust our holiday in order to have longer time at home. My last class was at the evening of Wednesday, just after finish my class I have been rush to go to the Pudu Raya because my bus that will take me home will be at 7.00p.m.

I leave Kuala Lumpur that evening and arrive at Johore Bahru late at 11.30 p.m. that was my first time break my fasting on bus ;). Being so a cited because there will be a busy day to finish the preparation for the coming 1st of Syawal. By Thursday morning I have wake up early because I will help mom in the market. We have go shop for some ‘daun ketupat’, meet, chicken and spice.

After settle up all the stuff from the market, all of us get prepared to go to the mall. From there I have bought new shirts. We leave the shopping complex about 4 o’clock. Then we rush to go to the ‘Bazar Ramadan’. That day was the first day on this fasting month I got there. We bought some traditional menu. Even though I only could have an iftar together with my family.

Start on that night I have work out with the daun ketupat and came out about 70 pieces of ketupat ;) after that I help my mom in the kitchen until the next day. Early in the morning of Hari Raya, I dress up nicely. Help my younger sister dress up and also set the table for our family legacy. We will wait for my dad came back from Hari Raya prayer at mosque. Then we will sit together and ask for forgiveness for the entire mistake that we have been done before. Normally this will be the most emotional time.

After that we will get together and eat all the food that has been prepared special by mom. All my neighbors that weren’t going back to their hometown will do some food exchange. Although some of them came out with same menu but we will find that each one has its own taste. Next, we will be visiting my family start with the eldest. But, the phenomena will get more excited if this visit were in bigger group;)

No comments: