Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Rigorous Efforts in Improving English Listening, Writing, Reading and Speaking Skills


Being in a preparatory programme to further my study abroad make me under pressure. I need to be well prepared especially in improving four of the English skill, listening, writing, reading and also speaking. Rigorous effort must be done in order to be excellent and of course these skills will help me lots on overcoming day.

First of all I have gone through lots of activities that can help me on listening. I used to listen many English songs, watching news delivered in English. This would not only help me improve the language but it also helps me gain knowledge all about current issue. At the same time I love to hear any conservation delivered in English, I will try to listens as much slang speech as I can.

Writing skill was one of the biggest projects that I have gone through. Obviously I can say that number of essay that I have wrote getting more. Quality of writing getting better by including new vocabulary gain from my reading and listening materials. I learn many new words while doing reading. From now on I wish to spent as much time on reading English material. I use to have news paper, magazine, or even comic too. As I learned other subject that was totally in English I hope that it would help me at least keep me in English environment.

Speaking was the hardest part on English skills. I only find that the best way for me to communicate in English was only in the certain subject as IELTS and English. Another time that I will spoke in English was only when I want asking questions to my lecture. I my self think that I can speak when there was something to be delivered and the content was use full as my science subject. If I being asked to speak on something that contains nothing don’t thing I will perform very well.

No comments: